UT Dallas Monitors Coronavirus
No Cases Reported on Campus
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is closely monitoring an outbreak of respiratory illness caused by the new coronavirus, which was first identified in Wuhan, China. There are currently no known cases within the UT Dallas community.
If you have travelled to China within the last 30 days - especially to the city of Wuhan or to its province of Hubei - and are exhibiting fever, cough or difficulty breathing, we advise that you go to your local emergency room.
The health of our campus is very important and we encourage students, faculty and staff who may be traveling to other parts of the country, or even around the world, to take precautions to avoid becoming sick. These include:
- Avoiding close contact with sick people.
- Limiting contact with others as much as possible to keep from infecting them, if you become sick.
- Covering your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Washing your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
If you become ill, please avoid exposing others on campus by staying home from classes and avoiding close contact with fellow students.